Monday, May 3, 2010

The Great Juggling Event


Family and Friends,

Shout Out: I really don´t know who to give a shout out to, so I will give it to all of the companions that I have had this change:

Elder Dyer: Ogden Utah
Elder Tobar: Chile
Elder Balcone: Argentina
Elder Saldaña: Peru

My week/change: The change has been an honest mess. I have jumped between 4 companions, tried to keep my sector alive, received new assignments (with a new companion), had 2 baptisms, and am currently planning 2 more, watched as my program fell apart, dropped countless families, and have probably had the door (or the window as the case is here in Guayaquil) shut in my face more than in any other sector.

I don´t really know how but everything is still working out just fine. Even with all the little bumps and thrills that have been thrown in my way I am still kicking and will make it to the end of this week (end of the change). At the end of this week I will once again switch companions (or that is how we understand it) and everything will be back to normal, or as normal as life is as a missionary.

This week I have been trying to get caught up in my reading of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I had a goal to finish the Book of Mormon (for the second time) and the New Testament before May 20th. But... I think I will move that goal to June 20th. I have learned a ton from the Bible. I didn´t realize how much truth was actually hidden inside those pages. Now as I read I can see how so many people have gotten confused, changed religions, or created their own churches. But I still have to ask myself how did they all go so wrong? As I read I can easily point out the things that are OBVIOUSLY important and the doctrines and teachings that other churches lack. How did they all go so wrong? I don´t know. I guess this is my own little journey to love the Bible and Book of Mormon more.

Next Stop: Pearl of Great Price

My day is full of tons of things to do and so little time to do it. My companion does not have any shirts, he had an emergency change from Cuenca and does not think he will see his cloths again. We will stop by the Bahia after haircuts. We have to make invitations for the baptisms this Saturday and then we have to buy food and find something fun to do (por favor, este dia es dia de preparacion (y diversion :) ).

One Super Bright Note: During District Meeting this week the topic was: Language Study. I am the only American in my District and the District Leader was talking about how we need to study English. And then he mentioned that we all have to do it alone because the only Native English Speaker is Elder Robinson. I paused...what! In this past week I had forgotten that I am a Native English Speaker! I am officially Bi-lingual! It was a nice boost to my confidence. I didn´t even realize that Elder Balcone was speaking in Spanish.

And so we go again.

Love you all,

--
Elder Robinson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.




No comments:

Post a Comment