Monday, July 26, 2010

With my dreams to believe in...




Family and Friends!

Shout Out: Elder, Christy. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 
YES YOU: MOTHER OF TWO!!! 
WISHING YOU SOMETHING THAT...SPANS 2000 MILES OR MORE
OF LAND, COUNTRIES, AND OCEAN FLOOR!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY SISTER DEAR
THAT I WROTE YOU THIS POEM FROM ECUADOR. FROM HERE!
NOTHING MORE. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. 
GOOD LUCK WITH THE KIDS, THE HUBBY, AND SUCH.
ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY. THE DAY CELEBRATION!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. O GRAND FESTIVISATION!

Um... the poem was really crappy. And I cant even type or read in English anymore. I try to sound things out like they are in Spanish. But know that I spent 5 minutes trying to write for you a poem that Hyrum could write. But his would probably be better seeing as he is your child and I am just that *Elder* that lives in Ecuador. Love you lots Christy!

My Week: Here in Ecuador we are in our Winter Season. I never have felt like I have left my eternal summer... but this week I got cold. We had a few days that the sun did not shine like it usually does. And the chilly morning air got to me... I pulled the sheet out of my suitcase... and I turned the night fan off... and then I got sick. I got what everyone calls the *flu* which means I just had a sore throat and the sniffles. I dont wish to think about what will happen to my body when I am back in the states and have to endure snow and ice for months at a time!

The work here in Independecia is slowing down. Not that we have stopped working or that we had 2 sick days this week... but because we just cant find people to teach. Well. I should refresh that statement. We can find lots of people to teach... we cant find people that want to be baptized or follow through with commitments. We were planning 2 baptisms for this week, Kevin and Yulexy Lino, but Yulexy didnt go to church... so only Kevin will be baptized. He is a great kid and will be a great addition to the ward and example for his family. 

Elder Vuinovic and I are getting along great. The transition from Man to Missionary for Elder Vuinovic has not been the easiest. We are still working on controlling our emotions in public... putting on the Spock face and not dancing in the street or yelling at young children. Usually it is all very comical. But I fear we could scare away some potential investigators if we dont look 100% like missionaries 100% of the time. 

The Ward has been such a blessing for me. The members that are active are SUPER strong in the Faith. I would publicly like to give appreciation for the following individuals:

Bishop Solano: Super forgetful but always willing the help the missionaries when we stop by his house. His love for the church and for our investigators is unmatched and he is such a great example of trust and devotion.

Hna Ofelia: There is no recent convert in the world like her. Her testimony is so strong and she is always so happy to see the missionaries. It seems like every reference that she gives us ends up getting baptized. If all recent converts were like unto her...

Jose Albuja: I worked super hard for 3 months to get this character reactive in the church. He now has a calling, helped us baptize his niece, gives us lunch on Sunday, leaves with us to teach lessons, and will be one of my best friends until the end of my life. Its great friends like this that make the mission worth it.

Familia Baqui: This family lives in a cave(ish) place. Super poor. But they do the following: our laundry, feed us (2x every week), give us hot chocolate and bread, help us with lessons EVERY day, make jokes with us, give us references... everything. Without Familia Baqui... the work would cease to exist. No jokes. Only the truth. 

Here in Independencia that is about it. Everyone helps out in their own way... but these people help out more than others.

Always there is a shout out for my converts. All of them here in this sector are absolutely amazing and I am so proud of every single one of them. I can only imagine how pleased the Lord is every time that one of his children accepts His Gospel and is baptized in his name. The chance that a missionary has to work in the Lords work for 2 years is a super sacred responsibility and I dont know why he put it into the hands of 19 year old boys. But I am sure glad he did and called me to work here in Ecuador.

It is nice to take time and realize just where in the world I am. I am always hearing about disasters, wars, and crazy things in all parts of the world. And I think to myself... *Why does that never happen where I am?* Then I think... YOU ARE IN ECAUDOR! Now I am satisfied. But to help myself realize just what Ecuador is... we go to the water a lot to look out over the rainforest and watch the boats go past. As we were waiting for a bus today I noticed that there was a turtle in the middle of the road dead. It was HUGE. It wasnt run over... it was just dead. Things you will only ever see here in Ecuador. 

That sums up my life. Working hard. Fighting off crazy jungle diseases. And missing home. Maybe I will change Sectors in 2 weeks. But you never know anymore.

...I could write my Book of Days.

--
Elder Robinson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.




No comments:

Post a Comment