Monday, December 27, 2010

New Years!


Family and Friends,

There really is not a lot to report... sorry. Let me give you a day by day description so that you can understand why:

Monday: P-day. I only have 3 hours to work... so nothing big to report.

Tuesday: District Meeting... which will not be held at 9:30 AM. Cool no? We had a Zone Activity and we gave each other presents. I received a tie and I gave a "Rain Maker" Who can beat that I ask?

Wednesday: Interchange in Miraflores. My companion went with the other Zone Leader to teach our family that was preparing for baptism... They had a great lesson. We put 2 more baptismal dates in Miraflores... and lost 2 others. We taught an amazing lesson on the law of tithing. The Sister had a baptismal date for Christmas. She accepted everything... but when it came to tithing... she told us that God would never associate himself with money and that it was something of men. After 2 hours of trying to reason with her, sharing scriptures, testimonies of the members... she finally told us that she was not going to accept. So we had her pray. And in her prayer she decided she was going to tell God what he should do... O´well, It was a lost cause. It was a good lesson though. My faith in the law of tithing is stronger.

Thursday: No one wanted to listen to us. Oh Christmas Season.

Friday: We were locked in the house all day, starting at 2:00 PM. We didn't leave until Saturday at 5:00 PM. Thus is the life in Ecuador when everyone is drunk. I am pretty sure that this week will be the same... the word though is that they will be extending it for a whole 2 days. Talk about 10 games of Monopoly!!! I also talked with my family. I love them so much. They are the best. ALL OF THEM!

Saturday: Familia Guaman (see picture) was baptised. They are super powerful. They accepted everything we taught them and there were about 40 people at the baptism. My clothing showed up late so I was unable to do one of the baptisms. But the Bishop did 2 of the 3 and Elder Caal did the other.

Sunday: Church! We ended the week with poor showings... but 3 baptisms. So who can complain? Not me! I love the work here in Ecuador. It is cool to be starting another year here.

Happy New Years everyone!

Love,

--
Elder Robinson



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.




No comments:

Post a Comment